Showcase your blockchain projects and skills at the World Crypto Con Hackathon! Build apps to reduce tribalism and increase interoperability.
If Las Vegas is America's playground...
...then the WCC Hackathon will be Vegas Blockchain Week's developer playground.
As all of the key players of blockchain are hyping up and deliberating on the industry's latest successes, the next big cryptocurrency ideas will come from the World Crypto Conference Hackathon.
We've brought XYO, Ravencoin and EOS on board to offer their technology and expertise to help your team move the needle and change the way the world uses and perceives cryptocurrency technologies.
WCC's ethos of reducing tribalism and embracing interoperability will be at the heart of this hackathon. Form alliances and show the blockchain community how you can impact the world.
Students, blockchain professionals, and enthusiasts alike are welcome to this two-day hackathon. With expert guidance, team up with blockchain supporters and take risks during a coding sprint for prizes, Vegas-style.
Oh, and afterwards, we'll see you at the after party – all hackathon competitors get access to see Cardi B and Marshmello!
Ready to put your chips on the table?
Who Should Attend
The hackathon is open to all developers, designers or blockchain enthusiasts with skills or interests in blockchain application development. If you are in town for Vegas Blockchain Week, this hackathon is a great place to show off your skills and to mingle with industry professionals and leaders!
You will be provided with resources and support from mentors from various blockchain companies to help you create solutions that can help you create new products and services to reduce tribalism and increase interoperability.
EOS CHALLENGE: BEST DAPP SUBMISSION SUBMITTED ON EOS
EOSIO is a next-generation, open-source blockchain protocol with industry-leading transaction speed and flexible utility. Introduced in May 2017, it has since been widely recognized as the first performant blockchain platform for businesses across the world. With the tools the EOSIO platform offers to make building a dapp easier, what can you build with EOS?
Potential project ideas:
- Create a way for faster payments with EOS immediate transactions
- DAO-ify an app (DAO: Decentralized Autonomous Organization). Create a structure for an autonomous economy that votes on rules that the DAO operates by
- Gamification of an existing application (ie, take a GoFundme type app and allow voters to elect which projects are worthy; voters could get tokens and rewards for their selections, etc.)
- Invoice and payment request system that generates simple smart contracts which escrow the payment; conditionals such as "pay if"
- Simple massive multiplayer game - example: a button lights up and can be pressed to claim a bounty - but only when it's lit. It lights up at a random interval. If no one clicks it to claim the bounty, the bounty doubles.
- Security solution for partial key custody using an email address and password.
- P2P escrow trading that allows users to swap any coin for another coin. People can list their demands. For example: "I want to trade 10 SENSE for 300 IQ and transfer the 10 SENSE to an escrow smart contract". Then someone else can choose to make that transaction and fulfill the trade.
XYO CHALLENGE: BEST USE OF XYO SDKs
XYO is a decentralized network of devices that anonymously collect and validate geospatial data. Location records can't be altered or faked due to its data being stored on the blockchain. At the center of XYO's protocol sits a secure communication exchange they call "the Bound Witness." Think of a bound witness as an encrypted handshake between IOT devices, or "SSL for IOT" powered by blockchain. (see https://xyo.network/network/ for more info). Attendees can make use of XYO's SDKs with on-site mentorship, and for hackers interested, XYO will also bring beta hardware that will offer other form factors that can perform Bound Witness interactions. Using XYO's geospatial blockchain technology, what will you build?
Potential project ideas:
- Build "unlock on bound witness" app for software and/or hardware. The app would decrypt a file or open a locked box upon bound witness with a whitelisted address.
- Payment on delivery wallet: Install sentinel SDKs in a new mobile wallet app that transfers a predetermined amount of the XYO token upon first bound witness from a sender to recipient address.
- Build a temperature Oracle: Install the sentinel SDK on Raspberry Pi or any IoT device with a temperature sensor. Bridge and display temperature data on a new temperature XYO diviner.
- Create a Bound Witness Notification Plugin: Create a plugin for any diviner that enables sending a message or email upon bound witness with interested parties.
- Build an EOS diviner: clone XYO's ethereum diviner to work on the EOS blockchain.
- Build a "supply chain diviner" that visualizes the bound witnesses of a sentinel along a route from source to destination sentinels.
RAVENCOIN CHALLENGE: BEST SUBMISSION USING RAVENCOIN OR THE RAVENCOIN DEV KIT
Ravencoin is a powerful peer-to-peer platform for the next generation of financial technology. Ravencoin is a platform for issuing your own assets (tokens). The decentralized nature of the Ravencoin network allows for highly resilient Ravencoin infrastructure, and the developer community needs reliable, open-source tools to implement Ravencoin apps and services. Using Ravencoin's tech, Ravencoin Dev Kit, RPC calls like ravend, and more) what can you build?
Potential project ideas:
- Instant 1-time use coupons (Ravencoin tokens) sent as you near (XYO) a store.
- An atomic swap of Ravencoin asset tokens using the EOS chain smart contracts.
- Mobile website wallet for a single asset
- An audit trail for contributions - transparency with IPFS records for spending
- A game with game assets using tags and restricted assets for subscribers only
- Encrypted message system using tokens and IPFS
- Visual representation of an asset and its transfers
Judges and Prizes
Your projects will be judged on the following criteria:
Is the project new and disruptive? How has the team effectively utilized the available technologies? How easy is the application to use? How well does it integrate with current blockchain technologies and companies?
INNOVATION USE OF TECHNOLOGY INTEROPERABILITY
Best Overall Project: $3,000 (USD)
XYO Challenge: $1,000 USD in XYO coin
Ravencoin Challenge: $1,000 USD in RVN coin
EOS Challenge: $1,000 USD in EOS coin
The Hackathon Agenda
Wednesday, October 30
Registration & Check-in / Breakfast
Kickoff and Introductions
Ideation & Team Formation
Technical Workshop – Ravencoin
Technical Workshop – XYO
Technical Workshop – EOS
Crash Testing II
Team Registration Due
Presentation Overview / Demo Tips
Hacking Continues Overnight
Thursday, October 31
Breakfast / Technical Support Resumes
AV Checks & Pitch Practice
Project Submission Due
End of Hackathon / Head to the After Party!
The Cosmopolitan | 3708 S Las Vegas Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89109
About WCC 2019
EVOLV is proud to present the Second annual Blockchain and Cryptocurrency Technology event, World Crypto Conference (WCC), October 29th – October 31, 2019, at The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas. We are excited to announce the expansion of WCC in 2019, as we embrace major partnerships with other notable event organizers and work together to deliver Vegas Blockchain Week, from October 25th to October 31st, 2019.
Executives, enthusiasts, and professionals from global enterprise companies, financial service providers, investment firms, traders, advisory & auditing institutions, blockchain focused startups, academic institutions, government policy advisors, and application developers will descend on Las Vegas to discuss the most pressing topics facing our emerging industry.
WCC 2019 will afford 3 days of intense discussions, product demos, expert keynote addresses, panel discussions with industry thought leaders, and announcements from the best and brightest in the industry showcasing new products, ideas, and commercially viable applications of blockchain technology.
WCC is a global stage for industry leaders to share their breaking news and technologies with thousands of investors, experts, developers, businesses and attendees who are using blockchain and cryptocurrency to redefine our everyday lives.